Acknowledgements

Many teachers, scholars, friends, students, and colleagues contributed to the development of this syllabus and assignments, to the thinking (and in some cases, the specific language) that shaped my policies and grading system, and to helping me to refine and revise my work.

I am particularly grateful to Amy Wan and Virginia Schwarz for help with reviewing these specific materials.

I am also grateful to Lizzy Adams, Erin Anderson, Susan Blum, Lisa Brundage, Maria Richardson Gonzales, Laurie Hurson, Gloria Fisk, Robert Greco, Seth Graves, Tamara Gubernat, Asao Inoue, Alfie Kohn, Carmen Kynard, Andrew Lucchesi, Mark McBeth, Logan McBride, Bryan Milo, Sean Molloy, Adam Pellegrini, Allison Lehr-Samuels, Virginia Schwarz, the NYCORE community, Hamad Sindhi, Jesse Stommel, Amy Wan Chris Williams, Anna Zeemont, and all of my students throughout the years whose feedback has been invaluable to continually shaping and refining this material (a particular shout out to Kaitlynn Lee for providing the excellent grading agreement explanation videos.) Some of my policy language for my absence policy came from Bridget Gelms, and the inspiration for the feedback menu came from Caroline Woolard. I am grateful to Kate Ozment for the inspiration for the grading agreement chart.

If you are a visitor from outside of this class, please feel free to take an adapt these materials to fit your own class! I ask that you share with me when you do (mostly because I like to see what cool things other people have done with them, which helps me to improve my own work.) You can reach me at lindsey.albracht@qc.cuny.edu.